Mexico is a country full of traditions, exquisite gastronomy, entertainment, and stunning places that are worth a visit when traveling. One of these paradisiac spots is the state of Quintana Roo. Cancun, the Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Bacalar are well-known for the beauty of their turquoise beach, tropical ambiance, and excellent service.
As of April 1st, 2021, the state of Quintana Roo has implemented a new Tourism Tax, which is expected to bring in $29.1 million in 2021, destined to create more jobs and economic growth.
The tourism tax will be applicable for all travelers over the age of 15 years visiting Cancun, the Riviera Maya, and other tourist hotspots in the state. It will cost approximately $10 – $11 USD per person, depending on the exchange rate at the time.
Getting ahead of your trip, you may pay online following the below instructions or through kiosks available at the Cancun International Airport with cash, as you can expect to show proof of payment before departure.
How to pay online?
- Visit website https://www.visitax.gob.mx/sitio/ .
- Click on Make your payment.
- Enter your return date and number of travelers.
- Provide name, last name, age and passport number of each travelers over 4 years old.
- Confirm the information provided.
- Enter your billing information.
- After completion, you will receive a QR code which is your proof of payment.