Beauty boom has arrived.
Do you feel that your face skin condition has changed since the pandemic started? You might not be going crazy; give it a thought. Staying 24/7 at home, changing your healthy daily habits, and using face masks all day can contribute to facial outbreaks, rashes, or chafing of the skin.
Now more than ever, it is essential to adopt a regular skincare routine to nourish and hydrate. At our Willow Stream Spa in Fairmont Mayakoba, we have specially designed a facial treatment that exfoliates and repairs the damage done to your skin.
This exquisite mask made with honey will help relax tense muscles of your jaw, as it’s known to have medicinal properties, which will naturally moist your skin and serve as an antiseptic. Not only will this mask improve your skin condition, but additionally, honey provides vitamin E to help stimulate collagen production.
If at home, you can also follow these expert tips to treat yourself to one of life’s little luxuries:
- Create a relaxing atmosphere with scented candles, essential oils, or anything of your preference.
- To maximize every step, the idea is to start with a clean canvas. So, before you do anything, make sure to remove all makeup, oil, or grime.
- Exfoliate. It’s important you remove dead skin cells and clear out your pores so that the rest of the products you apply are adequately absorbed.
- After exfoliating, show your skin some love with a clay mask, perfect for detoxifying your skin. Leave it on for approximately 10 minutes and rinse off.
- Once your face is clean again, apply a thick layer of raw honey gently onto face and leave for 3 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- You’re almost done. Now apply your usual moisturizing face cream to hydrate.
Simple as one, two, three, sit back and relax to a zen afternoon and a glass of wine. Enjoy!